Monday, September 30, 2019

So the results are in ....

So after visiting Dr. Bernie Lalonde at the Carleton Sports Medicine Clinic (Love the Place !) I was sent for an X-ray of my knee to rule out any arthritis etc..  The X-ray came back clear so I was sent for an MRI.  I returned to the Carleton Clinic to get the results of the MRI and it cam back with both Meniscus and ACL concerns.  It seems that I have some tearing in the Meniscus that needs some fixing and my ACL graft may be compromised????
Dr. Taryn Taylor referred me to Dr. Andy Marshall (surgeon) to discuss the next steps in this journey.
After meeting with Dr. Marshall it was determined that I would have surgery to fix the meniscus and most likely a revision surgery on my ACL.  The MRI was not 100% clear on the ACL issue but it does look as though we may need to do that one again.  So we are preparing for an ACL revision using an allograft.

Surgery Date:  October 25th, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment