Sunday, November 25, 2018

What have I done now? November 25th, 2018

I can't believe this blog is still out there on the internet.  It's great to look back to remember what I've gone through and to appreciate how I've been doing since the accident.  However, last week, my knee gave out walking up a flight of stairs and I was pretty immobile for the entire week.  The pain jabbing into the lateral side of my knee was something I haven't experienced before.  Over the course of a few days, my knee began to swell and the pain when my knee began to bend was unbearable... so out came my zimmer brace.  Any slight bend or rotation of my foot seemed to cause the pain.  I'm sure it's something like scar tissue or meniscus but I will know more when I head to Ottawa on Monday, November 26th to the Carleton Sports Medicine clinic to see Dr. Lalonde.  Over the weekend I worked hard at getting through the pain and making sure I could bend my knee but every now and then something catches and that pain returns.  Stairs are a no no as I do not trust my knee.  I will update when I know more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment