Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 42 - Six Weeks post surgery!!!

It's been a while since my last post but I've actually been quite busy with physio and trying to get out to do some Christmas shopping - gotta love those scooters!!

Anyhow, about my knee... Physio is going very well.  I can actually do a rotation on the bike and that was a great acheivement.  I've reached 90 degrees in flexion which is what my surgeon was hoping for in 6-7 weeks.  I see him again on the 5th of January.  Swelling is going down and I'm fitting into my Don Joy hinged brace which is a great change from the zimmer brace.  The numbness and aching below the knee cap where I believe the patellar tendon was cut out is somewhat bothersome and I will be discussing it with the surgeon.  As for my quads and calf muscles - they are non-existant.  Once I get the okay from the surgeon, we will start leg strengthening excercises at physio.  Until the New Year, have a great holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a very similar op to me! It is interesting to hear how you are getting on as you are a few weeks ahead of me. look forward to hearing about your recovery.

    ReplyDelete