Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Three months Post ACL - MCL Reconstruction

Okay, so here I am 3 months post-op and I just had my 3 month visit with my OS.  Things are moving along but I really thought my knee would be feeling a bit stronger by now.  However, according to the surgeon, things are moving along as planned - EXCEPT for my EXTENSION.  Okay so I have this JAS brace to help me with this along with physio and it's still a struggle.  I get excrutiating pain up and down my hamstring and calf muscles when I'm extended.  I'm at -7 for extension and he is concerned.  He says that I can manage with my flexion at 112 degrees and my new ligaments are doing well, but my lack of extension will cause me problems.  That's why I can't walk properly right now.  He said he could go in (AHHHHH!) and clean up scar tissue but he feels as though there is nothing stopping my extension.  Basically I have 6 weeks to get this leg straightened up and then perhaps he may do something.  When I brought up the issue with going back to work, he said we won't consider that for at least another 6 weeks.  He says I should notice progress in the next 6 weeks with regards to leg strengthening etc...    Anyhow,  this is surely the longest and hardest ordeal I've ever gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment