Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 21 - Three Weeks Post Surgery


Incision and swelling at 3 weeks post-op


Well, I feel as though I'm getting stronger every day.  The incision is healing well, yet the numbness is still very bothersome.  I'm getting out with the help of others and realizing that Christmas is just around the corner.  I'm looking forward to everything that I'll be able to do once I'm off crutches and have the freedom of my hands. 
 

Nice knee Judy!!!

Physiotherapy is going well, my flexion is at around 70 degrees + or - a few degrees.  It's very hard work to get the knee bending but its coming along well.  I actually enjoy getting out to physio.  I think I may stop in at the school on Friday after my 10:00 appt. and have lunch with the staff.  I really miss the normal day to day routines of my old life.  It will be one year on Dec, 31st since my accident.  The best way to spoil myself is to get into the tub where the gravitational forces aren't pulling on my knee.  For anyone who has ever had knee surgery, you completely lose all muscle in quads and calf and your leg feels like a ton a bricks, taking two hands to lift it off the couch.  I will slowly need to build up that muscle in my leg again!  First goal is to reduce swelling and get ROM (range of motion ) to 90 degrees.





No comments:

Post a Comment